310 Lincoln Ave • The Quilt House
Owners: Thomas and Karen Ruhl
Chair: The Junior League of Williamsport, Inc. and Gail Landers
Florist: Special Occasion Florals
Book: The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrice Potter
Description: This circa 1890 Victorian style home with wrap around porch, functioned as a convent in the 1970s for the sisters from the Diocese of Scranton serving at St Boniface Church. Although the original porch floor has been replaced the beautiful interior woodwork remains unaltered. Copies of the home’s old deeds will be on display as well as numerous artisan hand made and antique quilts. Family members will be present to discuss their hand made quilts.
411 West Fourth Street • The Peter Herdic Inn
Owner: Gloria Miele, James Wood, and Robert Elion Chair: Cynthia BowerFlorist: Janet’s Floral Creations Music: Lena Yeagle on Cello Book: Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll Sponsors: 3-D Glass
Description: Owned by the Mieles of the Herdic House Restaurant, this beautifully maintained home is now a Bed & Breakfast Inn. The house contains many original gas light fixtures including an ornate dining room light. Note the stained glass window at the top of the stairs, the rounded panes in the turret, and the servant call system in the kitchen.
707 West Fourth Street • The Rowley House Museum
Owner: Preservation Williamsport Chair: Robert Kane, Rowley House Museum Curator Florist: Strawberry Basket, Eliz Snyder Book: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Description: This magnificent 1888 Queen Ann Victorian home was designed by Eber Culver and built on land purchased by Peter Herdic. From an originality standpoint, craftsmanship and overall condition this home truly exemplifies Millionaire’s Row. Nothing was spared by multimillionaire Edwin A Rowley when he built this imposing structure which features extraordinary Tiffany quality stained glass windows, beautiful cherry and oak woodwork, and extremely rare electric light fixtures.
711 Vallamont Drive • The Stroehmann/LeClerc House
Owner: Denis LeClerc and Luci Gosselin Chair: Amy Dowling Florist: Strawberry Basket, Eliz Snyder Book: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Description: This is a spectacular brick home in the French Normandy style. It was designed by the well known architect Carl Tallman in the late 1920s. The exterior of the house is completely original and in excellent condition. The interior features a newly remodeled kitchen, handsome fireplaces, a spiral staircase ascending the tower and former servant’s quarters which consist of sitting room, bath, bedroom and its own porch.
901 West Fourth Street • The 901 Guest House and Executive Board Room
Owner: William & Christina R. (Becky) Ertel Chair: Christina R. (Becky) Ertel & Eiderson Dean Florist: Mystic Gardens Floral Studio Book: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Sponsor: Impact Advertising
Description: This Late Victorian Queen Ann is completely custom designed with a colonial revival influence. The outside of the house is original and boasts many stylistic features not found in the typical pattern book of the time. The house was designed in 1890 by Amos Wagner and built for Henry Johnson, a state legislator from Muncy. Johnson moved to the city to help his six daughters find suitable husbands among the wealthy men of Williamsport. The Johnsons were so pleased with Wagner’s work they had him build a similar home next door on Maynard Street for one of their daughters! This home has been beautifully renovated into a Bed and Breakfast with 5 unique rooms each with their own private bath, a sitting room and an executive boardroom. The third floor offers a furnished apartment for extended-stay guests.
915 Campbell Street • Roscoe Huff house
Owner: Bonita Kolb Chair: Bonita Kolb Florist: Nevill’s Flowers Book: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens Sponsor: Airmen Heating and Air Conditioning
Description: This is a1915 late Victorian style home with Mission influences. It features a “four square” design with half brick and half wood shingles, large front and side porches as well as a porch on the 2nd floor. The dining room with its handsome wainscoting has some of the original light fixtures.
1005 West Fourth Street • The Cochran/Lyon House
Owner: Captain Edward and Judee Lyon Chair: Ruthie Grieco and Erin Cappelli Florist: Nevill’s Flowers Book: Black Beauty by Anna Sewell Sponsors: B.J. Van Ess
Description: Formerly the Goodrich-Walker House, it was built in the mid 1880’s by John Goodrich. The house is English High Victorian-Gothic and is one of the finest on Millionaire’s Row. Once the social center of Williamsport, it was the home of Anne Weightman Walker Penfield who, after inheriting her father, William Weighman’s estate and quinine fortune, was considered one of the richest women in the world. Its carriage house, with its fairytale facade, is the only carriage house in town with the original horse stalls. You can still see the winding stairs that led to the carriage keeper’s quarters.
1315 Campbell Street • The Maynard House
Owner: Frani and Doug Doherty Chair: Frani Doherty and Stephanie Calder Florist: Nevill’s Flowers Book: The Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain Sponsors: Albarano Construction
Description: Built in 1930 this true Georgian Colonial was home to the Maynard family for 20 years. This Georgian style is evidenced by the cornices along the roof lines and the keystones over the windows, The original construction featured a slate roof with copper gutters and downspouts, along with a gas fired incinerator in the pantry and oil heat, which was not very common 80 years ago. This home has great proportions and a gracious floor plan.