Victorian Christmas 2009

870 West Fourth Street
Edmund Metzger, owner
Samuel Jones House

Williamsport, PA
Built by Peter Herdic, circa 1869, the Munson, Deemer, Ciccarelli, Metzger House is a fine example of Queen Anne style with multiple building materials including a brick first floor, ceramic tile on the second floor and ceramic fish scale tile on the gables. The multi-gabled slate roof features with three decorative chimneys. Front porch restoration and extensive remodeling has been sensitively accomplished by Edmund Metzger
.Decorated by florist Special Occasion Florals
1005 West Fourth Street
Judee and Ted Lyon, owners
Cochran Lyon House with Carriage House
Williamsport, PA

Circa 1869 English gothic style, the Cochran/Lyon House and Carriage House was one of the social centers of Williamsport when occupied by Anne M. (Weightman-Walker) Pennfield, who was said to be the richest woman in world, at the time. The house was later owned by J. Henry Cochran and is currently owned by his descendants. The porches date back to the Weightman-Walker occupancy. The house was converted into apartments in the 1930s.Decorated by Nevill’s Flowers 
707 West Fourth Street
Preservation Williamsport, owner
Rowley House Museum

Williamsport, PA
Probably the most magnificent remaining example of the craftsmanship which exemplified Millionaire’s Row, this 1888 home was designed by Eber Culver and built on land purchased by Peter Herdic. It is recognized as one of the most outstanding examples of Queen Anne architecture in the state and features extraordinary Tiffany quality stained glass windows which were featured in Victorian Homes Magazine.  The cherry and oak woodwork is in excellent condition, and the electric light fixtures are extremely rare.  On the second floor is a multimedia room formerly used as a chapel by the sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, who taught at St. Joseph’s School across the street at Annunciation parish. It was opened to the public as a Victorian House Museum summer 2007.Decorated by florist Janet’s Floral Creations 
901 West Fourth Street
Lycoming County Historical Society, owner
Johnson House Museum

Williamsport, PA
Late Victorian Queen Anne, this home (also known as the Johnson/Lamade House) was completely custom designed with colonial revival influence.  The outside of this house is original and boasts many stylistic features, such as double roof dormers with wood shingles and fish scale trim, that were not found in the typical pattern book of the time.  It was designed in 1890 by Amos Wagner and built for Henry Johnson, a state legislator from Muncy, who moved to the city to help his six daughters find suitable husbands among the wealthy men of Williamsport.  The Johnsons were so pleased with Wagner’s work, they had him build a similar home next door on Maynard Street for one of their daughters. There are many new restoration efforts added this year by Bob Kane, interior decorator and preservationist. The house is now a women’s museum of the 1800s.Decorated by florist Barbara Lamade 
1217 Campbell Street,
John and Jennifer Albarano, owners
Vallamont Neighborhood
Williamsport, PA

The American idea of Italian-style architecture, this house was designed by Aymar Embury II and built for Calvin McCauley in 1917. In a woodland setting, the house has a steep approach and the rooms were faced to have views of the Susquehanna Valley. An inviting spacious hall extends from the front vestibule to a small porch at the back of the house to welcome guests. A piazza, featuring a black-and-white tile floor, extends the length of the house. It was handsomely remodeled by the Albaranos, whose family originally owned it at one time in its history.Decorated by Mystic Garden Florals and Gifts 
820 Vallamont Drive
Heister Linn, owner
Greystone House
Williamsport, PA

This house was originally built by Charles R. Harris in 1890, but was destroyed by fire in 1893. Lumberman Allen Putnam Perley rebuilt the mansion in splendor. The house was designed by Eber Culver and Son, Architects. The Perley family lived at Greystones until the 1930s when it was then threatened to be demolished. It was rescued when the Krimm family purchased it. Presently, the house features handsome oak woodwork enhanced by leaded glass and five decorative fireplaces. The present owner, Heister Linn, displays trophies of his many safari hunting trips throughout the world.Decorated by
319 Lincoln Avenue
Valerie Beggs, owner
Arts & Crafts (Summer) House
Williamsport, PA

This summer house is a fine example of Japanese influence on the arts-and-crafts style of the 1920s, a simplistic answer to the ornate Victorian style. It features classic oak woodwork, fine leaded glass, copper ornamental trim and a 1950s-style kitchen.Decorated by Special Occasion Florals
214 West Fourth Street
‘The Lofts’ at the Genetti
Williamsport, PA

This luxurious, newly renovated loft apartment has it all. It is tastefully themed in black, red and white with tile and hardwood floors throughout. A granite and stainless-steel kitchen and large living room offer spacious areas for entertaining or relaxing comfortably.Decorated by Halls Florist